If you missed out on all the fun last year (and by fun, I mean techy stuff on blogging), you can catch up on all the posts here.
We’ll start Week 1 off with watermarking. Not sure what a watermark is? Here you go:
I became more aware of the need for watermarking when one of my blog images showed up on Pinterest. Except it linked to a hairstyle blog.
So, this is a real Internet thing. Take an image that a large group of people would want to repin to check out later, except the link has been changed to your own site. This is a sneaky way to get blog traffic.
I did have a watermark, but . . . . It’s on my computer, so I have to get the pictures from my phone, to the computer, open them, add the watermark, resave them, and all that rarely happens. BUT my friend Molly from Lucky to Be in First told me about a great app call EZY Watermark. It’s super easy to use and free.
1. Open the app. I selected “Library" because that’s where my picture was stored.
2. Find your picture.
3. Find your watermark in your library. **I just airdropped the watermark from my computer to my phone. You could email it to yourself, text it, whatever you need to do to save it to your phone. The nice thing is that once you use it in the app, you can just select it from recent.**
4. Move your watermark to where you want it to be.
5. Tap the checkmark in the bottom corner.
6. Tap the checkmark in the top corner to save it to your library or one of the social media links shown. If you tap "Open with" first and then the checkmark in the top corner, you can open it in Instagram or airdrop it to your computer.
That’s it! Are there any tutorials you’d like to see this summer?